Thursday 24 September 2015

RESEARCH: CODES AND CONVENTIONS

Today in class I made a trailer on FilmEducation. This helped me understand the codes and conventions of a trailer more.
















We were given footage from the film die hard and a choose of 6 soundtracks. We then created the trailer by choosing what footage and sound we would use.







To see my trailer I made click here!
While making this trailer, I took care in making sure the music and footage work together in order to create a climax

The type of audience that would be attracted to see A Good Day To Die Hard, are people who enjoy fast pace action films. Therefore the trailer I made would attract them as I included fast pace action shots, which includes things such as jumping out of windows.

After I had completed my trailer, I watched the official one (found HERE) and looked at the similarities, one of which being on how we had the same opening shot from the movie. The view in the door being opened. I continued to compare the two trailers and noticed in the official, the trailer started off slow and saved most action scenes until the end, increasing the pace of the trailer.

1 comment:

  1. Change your title to FILM EDUCATION. State what you learned from the studying the materials on the site in your introduction. Whilst you do very well offering an account of the trailer making, you need to demonstrate that you have studies the other materials. You could include the quiz in this post.

    ReplyDelete