Thursday 29 October 2015

PLANNING: REFUGEE COSTUME

I searched refugee costume, in order to get some inspiration. The clothing appeared very basic and plain, so in our short film I decided a plain jumper, maxi skirt and a scarf to look like a hijab. Kate played the female refugee, she also held a coat in her arms in the shape of a baby. The bundle shows how most of the clothing goes to keeping the baby warm.
Refugee - plain brown top and jeans with a head scarf

Refugee - plain clothing
Here is a picture of Kate playing the female refugee for our trailer

My friend Omar played the male refugee and Kate's husband. He wore plain jeans, plain top and a jacket. When telling Omar what to wear I googled male refugee in order to get a better understanding of the clothing and what he should wear, this is some of the things that came up: 


I originally asked if Omar had any worn looking clothing as I thought that could work well for a male refugee who had been travelling. But upon asking him, it was clear he didn't so I settled on plain clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment