Thursday 25 February 2016

CONSTRUCTION: POSTER TITLE

I have been looking at how to present my film title on my poster, I created this effect on the font which I like as it is eye catching and adds dimension to the image:
I created this as a teaser poster, and a practice for the title. 


However once placing that on the top of the poster, it does not work due to the colour of the background of the poster. I then began experimenting with different types of designs and colours for the title.
In the end I had the title copied twice, once in a dark grey, and once in the light grey font I created (see above image). I then used the dark grey and put it behind the light grey text slightly to the left of the light grey text. This then created a 3D effect and made the light grey easy to read. Here are some screenshots of the different variations.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent design work: I have watched you finesse this aspect of your design over the last few sessions. You have also taken great care to elicit feedback and to act on it, such as whether to change the masthead / title to a three deck title, and how to handle the hues in the background.

    ReplyDelete