Thursday 4 February 2016

CONSTRUCTION: POSTER

I was trying different ideas and techniques for my poster idea, I decided to try and fade Aaron with smoke this time. To do this I roughly followed these two tutorials, click HERE and HERE to see them. I switches between the two and made Aaron turn into the smoke that made up the right side of the background. Here are a few screenshots of my process throughout making this, this collage was made on befunky.com:





























I started by using the gradient tool, I then duplicated that layer and clicked filter, render, clouds. Then using an eraser tool I got rid of any clouds I did not want. I then duplicated the picture of Aaron, and stretched him to the right, I then used the eraser tool again to fade the right side of him. I then distorted that layer by linking filter, distort, wave. Then, as I did not want to download the smoke brushes, I looked at the youtube tutorial (second link). To create the smoke I selected a brush size of 47%, hardness of 0, opacity of 67% and a low flow of 15%. I then drew a series of lines where I wanted the smoke to be, I then went to the filter tab, then other, maximum. I made the radius of 6 pixels. I then inverted the smoke, and opened the liquify tool. In liquify I selected the twirl tool, a brush size of 76, both the brush density and pressure at 100, and my brush rate was 80. I then used circular motions around the smoke, I then faded the liquify by going to edit, fade liquify, I set the opacity to 50%. I then inverted the smoke again, so it returned the the white smokey colour. I then used the eraser tool to rub away the first layer of Aaron, this left the waved duplicate underneath which fades into the smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment