Saturday 30 January 2016

CONSTRUCTION: POSTER

For my poster I looked at different techniques to use for my poster. Today I looked at dissolving Aaron into the background of the poster. To do this I started by using the magnetic lasso tool to select Aaron, I then pasted him into a new document which was 11X17 inches, which is a portrait paper. I followed this tutorial in order to create the effect. Here are a few screenshots of my progress throughout out, the collage was made on befunky.com












To create this effect, I started by selecting Aaron with the magnetic lasso tool from the image I took of him. I then duplicated the layer of Aaron, I added another layer and filled it in white to create the plain white background. I then made another copy of the layer with Aaron. I named one 'effect' and the top layer 'model'. Next, with the 'effect' layer selected, I selected the liquify tool,  I used a large brush size of 500. I then starting clicking and dragging the right side of Aaron until I was satisfied. On the effect layer, I then added a layer mask, which I then filled in black. I then selected the 'model' layer and added a layer mask, I then used a brush tool, and selected a speckled brush. I then went around the right side of Aaron and dabbed this effect on him, I varied the size and orientation of the brush to make it look less like a pattern. I then clicked on the 'effect' layer mask, I then did the same again using a speckled brush, I varied the size and direction of the brush. I then played around with this until I was happy with the end result.
I then made some practice posters, to try and get a background I was happy with, this collage was also made on befunky.com




No comments:

Post a Comment