Tuesday 19 January 2016

CONSTRUCTION: EDITING

Today I continued editing, today I edited the part where Sydney hands The Ghost her bag filled with money. To do this I made it a jump cut as well as zooming in with each cut. This makes the trailer more suspense and faster pace, keeping the audience interested and watching.

I also edited the scene of Sydney's death which was different as I portrayed her death with photographs. I decided when we filmed that scene that it would be interesting to have an almost stop motion section of how Sydney dies. To make sure this was successful in editing the photos had to be quick. I also added a flash before and after the death to make it take little be quicker to create the fast pace of the trailer.


I also edited another section with images, when Aaron is told he is being arrested for being in contact with the ghost, I took photos of the emails Aaron sent to the ghost, each photo zooming in. I put this in the trailer, again with flashes in the middle, just so the transition was smooth.

I think using jump cuts and quick moving images work well in A Question of Identity, as it sets the fast pace of the trailer along with giving it style.

No comments:

Post a Comment