Friday 22 January 2016

PLANNING: FILM MAGAZINE COVER

Today I started planning my film magazine design.I decided that The Ghost was to be featured, while I going to do a segment much like 'Meet The Joker' from his issue in the magazine Empire. SEE BLOG POST HERE.
I researched what film would be coming out around August 2016, which is the release date i'm putting on my poster.












I then looked at films being released in July 2016









I needed to pick films of other genres for the plugs of my film magazine. This would make sure the magazine is diverse. So in order to do this I chose:
Pete's Dragon
Star Trek Beyond
The Purge 3
The Secret Life of Pets
The BFG
Bourne 5

In order to engage the audience in recent news and upcoming films. I added a story of "Will Smith's Oscar No Show" along with adding a puff with "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" As that is an upcoming movie being released into theatres in March 2016.

Here is my rough plan of my film magazine cover.
This is the first draft of the magazine: 

I then diecided to add a catchphrase for The Ghost (How far would you go, to save a whole operation?) This refers to the fact The Ghost kills Sydney as she says she "could blow this whole operation" This is similar the slogan for the whole movie which is  How far would you go, for someone you love? I thought that it could work well and each character could have their own slogan linking to their individual plot. I also added a circular puff about the upcoming film Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment